- Scottish Football Association Level 1 & Level 2
- Concussion in Sports Certification
- Business and Sports Marketing degree with Honours (University of West Of Scotland)
- 4 years with Cincinnati United U10-16 (teams of various levels)
- 8 years coaching British Soccer Camps – Ages 3-18
- 1 year, Greenock Morton Youth Academy – Ages 8-9
- 5 years as an Academy coach for Challenger Sports at various soccer organizations throughout Cincinnati
I have been playing soccer since I could walk. I played with Gourock Yac from the age of 7 up until the age of 13 when I entered the Ayr United Youth Academy, where I played from 2003-2005.
Why did you start coaching and join Cincy SC?
In 2005 I damaged my ACL , which ended my season with Ayr. In the run up to my injury I did not have the same desire I once had for the Sport, I felt it had become more of an occupation than the hobby it once was. My injury game me time that I had not had before to reassess my relationship with the game, I was encouraged by my manger at the time to stay connected with the sport while I was recovering so coaching seemed like the ideal avenue to head down. I rediscovered that desire I had lost while playing and I have worked hard to improve my coaching knowledge since that day.