Our BZA appeal is currently scheduled for Oct. 25, 2018. Here’s more background on the request, the decision by the Newtown Planning Commission, and the BZA appeal.
- Our update from April, 2018 (background for those new to this topic)
- April 2018 public hearing and conditional use documents (more background)
- The formal appeal submitted by the Kinney family attorney to the Newtown Board of Zoning Appeals: view the BZA appeal document. This is the basis for our appeal hearing before the 5-member BZA currently scheduled for Oct. 25, 2018 at 6:30pm. We are appealing the denial by the Newtown Planning Commission on June 28 of the conditional use request to use the land as a Club space, specifically a soccer training field. In their denial, the PC said we failed to meet conditions 3, 6, and 8 from the Village code (details below).
- The results of the Public Records Request related to the appeal.
- In addition to these documents, we’ve had several meetings, performed another traffic and parking analysis during a week of training at Otto Armleder, met with a zoning expert, and completed another traffic study on Church St. when Turpin was is in session.
- Documents we’ve submitted as part of the appeal request: