We’re committed to providing great customer service to the players and families at Cincy SC and an important way we measure that is through our annual Cincy SC Customer Satisfaction Survey.
The survey usually ends up affirming much of what we’re doing, while also shining a light on a few improvement areas, many of which can be impacted by fairly simple changes.
First, some stats and context:
- We recognize that each family’s experience is unique and summarized results don’t necessarily reflect their personal feelings. Anthropologist Margaret Mead said, “Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.”
- A whopping 56% of our U15-and-under families responded between Oct 2-15, which is pretty phenomenal in and of itself.
- 95.9% of our respondents would recommend Cincy SC to a friend (awesome!)
- We are filtering the data by team to share with our coaches so they can learn and improve.
The big picture:
So what does that mean? This question is a business industry standard and it allows you to calculate a Net Promoter Score (NPS), and ours this year is 64.2. A NPS above 0 is considered “good” as that means you have more promoters (9’s and 10’s) than detractors (0-6’s). A score of 50 is considered excellent. Last year we had our best-ever score of 58.3. With 134 new players joining us this year, I thought it was going to be really tough to repeat that score. Turns out, we smashed it, with a score that would make us the #1 rated company in many industries (and probably tops among youth soccer clubs).
We asked our parents if how much they agreed with the following statements: “My child is learning” and “My child is having fun” (wearing out your kids isn’t the goal, just a side benefit).
What you said:
As with any survey, the best insights come from the comments. Although we tend to focus on the improvement areas, it was striking how frequently positive words like Love, Communication, and Family were used this year. Here’s a visualization of the most common words across all the comments:
What you liked:
- Our EPIC core values, and how we applied them in day-to-day decisions.
- Our professional coaches, and their passion for coaching and for soccer.
- Our communications.
- Our sense of Community as a club.
- Our focus on player development over winning games.
- Our training.
What we need to work on:
- Our training facilities.
- Providing the right level of competition for each team.
- Ensuring we treat each team equally and have the right number of players on each team.
- Developing our coaches & trainers.
- Improving play on the field and results.
We appreciate you!
Finally, we believe that feedback is a gift and we wanted to express our sincere thanks for those who responded. Feel free to share your comments or questions on this post or reach out to us.
If you’re reading this and you’re a leader at another soccer or youth sports organization, please reach out to us. We’re happy to share our survey design and analysis process. We have trouble finding peers to benchmark with!
Who are we!? Cincy SC!!!