- Embody The EPIC Ten.
- Have fun.
- Learn something and get better every day – enjoy playing soccer and love the game.
- Arrive to training and games early. Be dressed and ready to start training or warm ups on time.
- Come to all training and games with a great attitude, ready to play. If you can’t attend, let your TA and coach know.
- Give the team your all every time you step on that field, whether it’s practice or a game.
- Support your teammates and help them get better.
- Treat your coaches, teammates, and clubmates with respect.
- Do not talk while your coach is talking. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason.
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthy food to provide sustained energy. See our Player Nutrition & Hydration recommendations.
- Take care of your body. Stretch, strengthen, and condition to prevent injuries.
- Practice on your own at home (we don’t recommend the dining room).
- Be the one who sets the bar and not the one who’s always trying to reach it!
- Anything you bring to the field, you take back with you. This includes all your equipment as well as any plastic bottles or food wrappers.
- Wear the correct color of training top, black shorts, black socks, shin guards, cleats.
- Bring a properly-inflated soccer ball and plenty of water.
- Other items to keep in your bag: medical needs (inhaler, band aids, tissues, etc.), sunscreen, plastic trash bag in case it rains, small plastic bag for muddy shoes, sweatshirt or jacket, soccer ball, ball pump & needle.
- Be ready to start the warm up 30 minutes prior to kickoff unless otherwise informed by your coach.
- Bring both jerseys, navy shorts, orange socks, shin guards, cleats, water, and your soccer ball.
- Play whatever position your coach asks you to play without complaint.
- Treat your teammates, opponents, coaches, referees, and parents of the other team with respect.
- When you are on the bench, stay engaged in the game mentally and root on your teammates. Don’t ask your coach to put you back in, but be ready when asked.