We wanted to share what we’ve been thinking about lately related to club operations from now through February (for the scope of this conversation, we’re not worried about Spring ’21 yet).
Objective: to continue to facilitate the development of Cincy SC players, without anyone feeling pressured to participate in indoor or group activities, respecting individuals and their decisions around risk, and doing what we think is responsible and reasonable to limit the spread of infectious disease within our Cincy SC Community.
For reference, a “normal” Winter Season at Cincy SC looks something like this:
- HS age group training from Nov-Feb (Dec-Feb indoors)
- Winter Indoor Training for 7 weeks in Jan-Feb for U10-U15 youth teams
- 4 futsal tournaments in Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb that are optional and for an additional fee
- PIVO Academy, which is also optional and for an additional fee, a skills-based soccer and futsal training program with karate-esque wrist belts to motivate players and measure progress
Pandemic-related Changes for Winter 2020-21:
- **NEW!** Outdoor pickup soccer on Saturdays and Sundays, 2-4pm, weather permitting, on Miami Valley Christian Academy’s new turf field.
- For HS teams, training kept outdoors whenever possible from Nov-Feb and group sizes limited when weather requires sessions to be indoors.
- Cancelling Winter Indoor Training for youth teams – $100 fee credit for players on 2006-2011 youth teams that were scheduled to have this training.
- Modifications to futsal tournaments to minimize crowding and limit risk for those that choose to participate (described here, if you’re interested)
- **NEW!** Morning Kick virtual training in Jan-Feb to encourage fitness and touches on the ball prior to the start of spring season. Coaches will encourage players and help keep them engaged.
- **NEW!** Priority registration and a PIVO Academy discount for Cincy SC players that choose to sign up for Jan-Feb sessions (PIVO becomes a cost-neutral substitute for Winter Indoor Training for those that feel comfortable and want to participate)
All in-person activities would continue to follow our Participation Restrictions – Coronavirus policy.
What are your thoughts on these ideas? What have we missed? Please share your thoughts in the comments.