Shoot some futsal fun into your holiday season!
It’s coed, but no kissing!
Date: Probably Wednesday, December 29, 2021
Registration deadline: December 26th
Tournament Director: Brett Dickson
Past Tournament Photos
Schedules & Standings
About the Mistletoe Ball Futsal Tournament
The week between Christmas and New Years is always slow with no school, slow days at work, and lots of stored up holiday calories. Don’t hibernate! Play futsal!
Location: Sports Plus, 10765 Reading Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45241
Format: 5v5 coed with gks for all divisions
Coed Rule: Teams can have 3 girls/2 boys or 3 boys/2 girls on the court.
Divisions: formed based on average age and competitive level of the team in order to create equal and reasonable competition. If a group 10-12 year-olds wants to play together, we’d rather they play with 11 year-olds than with all 12 year-olds.
Play with family and neighbors: the “average age” setup encourages brothers, sisters, and neighbors that are close in age to play together and makes it easier to form teams. But we won’t allow a big age/maturity gap to keep it fun and safe for everyone.
Games: 24 mins long, guaranteed at least 3 games/team (depending on how many teams register, we may give every team 4 games)
Roster: 6-8 players (recommended)
Cost: $120/team or $20/free agent player
Tournament Rules: Futsal Tournament Rules
Referees: Sign up to referee
Past Results: 2019, 2020
2020 Covid-19 Adjustments
Objective: run a fun and safe futsal event for kids and prevent mall-related tramplings and coronavirus spread.
General format: each team will play their games back-to-back (24 min games with 6 min breaks in between), and then be expected to leave before new groups arrive.
Safety measures and steps to limit large groups:
- Standard Covid safety protocols – if sick, stay home, temperature checks, hand sanitation, avoid contact, masks required when not actively playing and encouraged (but not required) when playing.
- One parent spectator per participant. Masks required. Siblings permitted but discouraged.
- Free flowing entry and exit lanes to avoid congestion and contact with staff (gate fee will use the honor system)*
- Staggered start times to reduce the number of people coming and going at once.
- Schedule designed for minimal movement of teams between courts/benches (while still ensuring three games against three different opponents).
- Schedule designed to allow each court to have one :30 minute break every two hours for evacuation of teams, cleaning of bench areas, and arrival of new teams.
- No award presentations or apparel booth.
*Gate fee of $5/adult, $3/child, or $10/family can be paid by Venmo to venmo.com/cincy-sc before, during, or after the event, or you can drop cash into the cash box.