Feel the Rush on Presidents’ Day!
Date: Monday, February 15, 2021 (Presidents’ Day)
Registration Deadline: about 10 days prior
Tournament Directors: Russell Lewis & Brett Dickson
Past Tournament Photos
Divisions, Schedules, & Standings
About the Presidents’ Day Rush
Ages: U7-U19 (boys & girls), adult
Games: 24 mins long, guaranteed at least 4 games/team
Format: 5v5 with gks for all age groups
Roster: 6-8 players (recommended)
Cost: $150/team, or $25/free agent player
Tournament Rules: Futsal Tournament Rules
Past Results: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Referees: Sign up to referee
Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth onto this continent a new game: Futsal! Ok, not really. 🙂 Futsal originated in the streets of Brazil where players had the freedom to try new moves and show off new skills to their friends. We seek to create that same atmosphere of freedom and creativity in the Presidents’ Day Rush Futsal tournament.
Games are played on a small court or field with 5 players per side. Schedules are designed with moms and dads in mind: there’s not a ton of time between games so you won’t be waiting around all day. What better way to spend a snowy Monday off from school than by playing futsal!
We call it the “Rush” because of the rush players enjoy through playing the sport, and to celebrate our country’s leaders on Presidents’ Day, particularly those presidents carved into Mt. Rushmore. Please register either a team or a free agent player and we’ll do our bast to find a compatible team. We look forward to seeing you on the court soon. Thank you!
2020 Covid-19 Adjustments
Objective: run a fun and safe futsal event for kids and prevent mall-related tramplings and coronavirus spread.
General format: each team will play 3 games back-to-back (24 min games with 6 min breaks in between), and then be expected to leave before new groups arrive.
Safety measures and steps to limit large groups:
- Standard Covid safety protocols – if sick, stay home, temperature checks, hand sanitation, avoid contact, masks required when not actively playing.
- One parent spectator per participant. Masks required. Siblings permitted but discouraged.
- Free flowing entry and exit lanes to avoid congestion and contact with staff (gate fee will use the honor system)*
- Staggered start times to reduce the number of people coming and going at once.
- Schedule designed for minimal movement of teams between courts/benches (while still ensuring three games against three different opponents).
- Schedule designed to allow each court to have one :30 minute break every two hours for evacuation of teams, cleaning of bench areas, and arrival of new teams.
- No award presentations or apparel booth.
*Gate fee of $5/adult, $3/child, or $10/family can be paid by Venmo to venmo.com/cincy-sc before, during, or after the event, or you can drop cash into the cash box.