About The EPIC Cup: Started in 2016 and growing to 287 teams by 2019, The EPIC Cup sets a higher standard for youth soccer tournaments. Participants compete for the chance for their team to hoist the #LargestTrophyKnownToMankind that stands over 4′ tall and weighs 52 lbs. Teams get goody bags with Integrity Award wristbands to give to an opposing player each game, bag tags with The EPIC Hunt scavenger hunt on the back, and cool prizes at Tourney HQ. Since 2017, the tournament has been held annually at Oxford Community Park, home to the best grass fields in the Midwest and just a mile down the road from Miami University and downtown Oxford.
Dates: Girls May 1-3, 2020 & Boys May 8-10, 2020
Main Location: Oxford Community Park, 6801 Fairfield Rd., Oxford, OH 45056
Apply: Girls Team Application | Boys Team Application
Accepted Teams: 2020 Girls Teams | 2020 Boys Teams
Brackets & Schedules: 2020 Girls Brackets & Schedules | 2020 Boys Brackets & Schedules
Fields: Facilities | Oxford Community Park Field Map (2019 version)
Information Sheet for Parents: Tournament Weekend Information Sheet (2019 version)
Application Deadline: April 1
Previous Results: 2019 Girls Results | 2019 Boys Results | 2018 Survey Results
Entry Fees: U8 – $250, U9-U10 – $600, U11-U12 – $650, U13-U16 – $700, U17-U19 – $750
Payments: Venmo or check to Cincy SC, PO Box 30384, Cincinnati, OH 45230
Format: All teams are guaranteed at least 3 scheduled games.
Rules: EPIC Cup tournament rules (teams can have up to 5 guest players)
We’ve upped our game this year and brought in Fine Designs, the industry leader in custom tournament apparel. That means a huge selection, a new logo, online stores where you can pre-order and pick up on site, and lots of cool customization options like your name, number, or your team’s roster on the back of a shirt. Check out the appropriate store here: Girls’ Weekend Store (2019) | Boys’ Weekend Store (2019). If you need to contact Fine Designs, there’s a link on the shop or you can email them at customerservice@finedesigns.
Teams will submit documents electronically via GotSoccer.
- Approved Roster (upload a scanned copy)
- Liability Release and Acknowledgement “Signature” Form (download form, collect signatures, and upload a scanned copy)
- EPIC Cup Guest Player Roster (if using guest players, download form, complete, upload a scanned copy). We also accept an OSYSA guest player roster.
- Travel Permit (non OSYSA teams only, see details below under Permission to Travel, upload a scanned copy)
- Concussion Awareness Information Sheet (share with your team’s parents, but don’t need to upload)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (Lindsay’s Law) information (share with your team’s parents, but don’t need to upload)
That’s it! We try to keep things simple and avoid unnecessary paperwork. Your team’s contacts should be in your GotSoccer team information and your coaches should all have current concussion certificates. You will need to bring player passes to each match and for your players’ safety you should have medical release forms for every player as well.
Permission to Travel: The EPIC Cup’s sanctioning body, OSYSA, requires a “travel permit” form for out of state teams. USSSA, is a member of US Soccer and does not require any “permission to travel” for US Soccer Federation-affiliated teams. All USSSA events are open to all members of USSF including USYSA, US Club, USSSA, SAY, and AYSO.
Document Questions: Kate Caldwell
How to Upload Your Documents to GotSoccer
- Log in to your GotSoccer account
- Select “The EPIC Cup”
- Select the Documents tab
- Upload your files (Approved Roster, Liability Release and Acknowledgement “Signature” Form, Guest Player Roster, Travel Permit if applicable)
Hotels: Where to Stay
We work hard every year to negotiate favorable rates for tournament participants at Oxford-area hotels, as well as hotels in the surrounding area. In order to have the hotels block enough rooms to support our event, we have gone to a “Stay to Play” rule. This means any teams staying in a hotel are required to book through our booking links below. This year, we have upgraded to a new hotel management company, Stay, Play, Made Simple, to make the process of booking your rooms for your team easier. Please use the links below to hold your team block or to book an individual reservation. If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact our Tournament Event Managers at (833) 889-5406 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2020 “EPIC” Field Sponsors:
- 2019 Gold Sponsors:
- 2019 Silver Sponsors:
- 2019 Food Vendors:
- 2019 “EPIC” Field Sponsors: LaRosa’s Oxford, Towne Properties, Buffalo Wild Wings, Coerver Academy, Mike’s Carwash, Scotty’s Brewhouse, Enjoy Oxford, Left Field Tavern.
- 2019 Gold Sponsors: Wnek Orthodontics, SDS Pizza & Subs, Skipper’s Top Deck, SoHi Grilled Sandwiches
- 2019 Silver Sponsors: DuBois Bookstore
- 2019 Food Vendors: East Coast Italian Ices, LTG Grill, Kettle Nation, Oxford Community Park Concessions, Real Fruitful Foods.
- Girls Weekend: sign up to referee games the weekend of 5/1-5/3/20
- Boys Weekend: sign up to referee games the weekend of 5/8-5/10/20
Referee Hospitality: We’ll have some cool tournament swag as well as a hospitality tent for all referees with plenty of shade, food, and drinks.
Referee Assignor: Khary Williams
History, Sponsorship Opportunities & Social Media
- Sponsorship: The EPIC Cup 2019 Sponsorship Opportunities
- Photos from past events: Champions & Finalists, Tournament Photos
- Past participants & results: 2019 Girls / Boys | 2018 Girls / Boys | 2017 | 2016
- A brief history:
The EPIC Cup was started in the spring of 2016 at Seven Hills HS in Cincinnati. 74 teams participated in the inaugural event, which was pretty much the capacity of the facility. 18 winning teams had their name etched onto the #LargestTrophyKnownToMankind.
For 2017, the tournament was moved to near Miami University, at the amazing grass fields of Oxford Community Park, which hosted the largest college soccer showcase in the country until 2016. The parks district, city of Oxford, local businesses, and nearby Hueston Woods Lodge rolled out the red carpet for The EPIC Cup and its 158 teams.
In 2018, the tournament split into a girls weekend and boys weekend in order to keep up with demand and keep all games at Oxford Community Park and hosted 186 teams from over 60 clubs.
In 2019, the tournament grew by 101 teams to 287, with nearly equal numbers of boys and girls teams. Despite many tournaments and league games being canceled those weekends, every team at The EPIC Cup played at least 3 games. By focusing on creating competitive divisions, the tournament was able to decrease the average margin of victory by .75 goals/game from 2019 to 2.85.