You can Reserve Your Spot now for The EPIC Cup VII on April 29-30, 2023 (Girls) and May 6-7, 2023 (Boys) while we evaluate tournament management software providers.
We’ve used GotSoccer for the past 6 years, but that system has been replaced with a new tournament management software from GotSport. We are evaluating GotSport and other tournament software providers and expect to have the official application up before Dec. 1, 2022. Reserving your spot using this reservation form will allow us to notify you when the application is open and put you at the front of the line.
About The EPIC Cup: Started in 2016, The EPIC Cup has grown into one of the biggest and most loved tournaments in the midwest with 409 teams in 2022. Participants compete for the chance for their team to hoist the #LargestTrophyKnownToMankind that stands over 50″ tall and weighs 52 lbs. Players get memontos like a tournament patch, bag tag, or keychain, and cool prizes at Tourney HQ. The tournament is held annually in Oxford, OH, mainly at Oxford Community Park, home to the best grass fields in the Midwest and just a mile down the road from Miami University and downtown Oxford.
2023 Dates:* Girls 4/29-4/30, Boys 5/6-5/7
*Jr Edition (U7-U8) Division Dates: TBD (EPIC Cup Jr Edition U7-U8 Format)
Accepted Teams: 2023 Girls Teams // 2023 Boys Teams // Jr Edition (U7-U8) Teams
Brackets/Schedules: 2023 Girls Brackets // 2023 Boys Brackets // Jr Edition (U7-U8) Brackets // Bracket/Schedule Requests // Schedule Change Request Form
Information Sheet for Parents: Tournament Weekend Information Sheet
Park Locations (map overview of parks, hotels, and attractions):
- Oxford Community Park: 6801 Fairfield Rd., Oxford, OH 45056 (OCP field map)
- Leonard Howell Park: 5200 Bonham Rd, Oxford, OH 45056 (LHP field map)
- Cook Field: 140 S Patterson Ave, Oxford, OH 45056 (Cook field map)
Rules: The EPIC Cup tournament rules (Jr Edition addendum)
Fees: U9-U10 (7v7) $625; U11-U12 (9v9) $675; U13-U14 (11v11) $725; U15-U16 (11v11) $725; U17-U19 (11v11) $775
Payments: Venmo, Zelle to firstname.lastname@example.org, or check to Cincy SC, PO Box 30384, Cincinnati, OH 45230
Oxford and Oxford Community Park Rules
- Check out “Things to do in Oxford“
- Park Rules: no pop up tents or portable grills permitted.
- Parking: please help free up parking for other teams playing in the tourney by leaving the park between games.
Fine Designs, the industry leader in custom tournament apparel, provides a huge selection, an online store for apparel that can be ordered and shipped directly to you, and lots of cool customization options like your name, number, or your team’s roster on the back of a shirt. If you need to contact Fine Designs, there’s a link on the shop or you can email them at customerservice@finedesigns.
Required Documentation – U9-U19 Teams
U9-U19 teams will submit documents electronically via GotSoccer. U7-U8 Jr Edition teams do not need to submit rosters or guest rosters. See below for Jr Edition document instructions.
- Approved Roster (upload a scanned copy) – this does not apply to U7-U8 Jr Edition teams
- Liability Release and Acknowledgement “Signature” Form (download form, collect signatures, and upload a scanned copy)
- EPIC Cup Guest Player Roster (if using guest players, download form, complete, upload a scanned copy). We also accept an OSA guest player form.
- Travel Permit (out of state teams only, see details below under Permission to Travel, upload a scanned copy)
- Concussion Awareness Information Sheet (share with your team’s parents, but don’t need to upload)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (Lindsay’s Law) information (share with your team’s parents, but don’t need to upload)
That’s it! We try to keep things simple and avoid unnecessary paperwork. Your team’s contacts should be in your GotSoccer team information and your coaches should all have current concussion certificates. You will need to bring player passes to each match and for your players’ safety you should have medical release forms for every player as well.
Permission to Travel: The EPIC Cup’s sanctioning body, Ohio Soccer Association, requires a “travel permit” form for out of state teams. Your state association should be able to provide that form.
Required Documentation – U7-U8 Jr Edition Teams
- Liability Release and Acknowledgement “Signature” Form (download form, collect signatures, and bring with you to the event)
- Recommended but not required – List your roster in Tourney Machine. With several teams with similar names, this will help parents know which team is theirs.
Document Questions: Kate Caldwell
How to Upload Your Documents to GotSoccer
- Log in to your GotSoccer account
- Select “The EPIC Cup”
- Select the Documents tab
- Upload your files (Approved Roster, Liability Release and Acknowledgement “Signature” Form, Guest Player Roster, Travel Permit if applicable)
Hotels: Where to Stay
Our hotel management partner, Stay, Play, Made Simple, negotiates favorable rates in Oxford and the surrounding area for our tourney participants. In order to have the hotels block enough rooms to support our event, we have a “Stay to Play” rule for teams that are more than 1.5 hours away. These teams should use the links below to hold a team block or to book an individual reservation. If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact SPMS at (513) 889-5406 or email@example.com.
The EPIC Hunt
The EPIC Hunt is a scavenger hunt around Oxford and a fun teambuilding event for players to enjoy between games. Click the image below to see the full size version.
- 2023 “EPIC” Field Sponsors:
- 2023 Gold Sponsors:
- 2023 Silver Sponsors:
- 2023 Food Vendors:
- Girls Weekend: sign up to referee games the weekend of 4/29-4/30/23
- Boys Weekend: sign up to referee games the weekend of 5/6-5/7/23
- (We are evaluating tournament and ref assigning software. Links will be active around Dec. 1.)
Referee Hospitality: We’ll have some cool tournament swag as well as a hospitality tent for all referees with plenty of shade, food, and drinks.
Referee Assignor: Brett Dickson
History & Social Media
- Past participants & results: 2022 Girls // 2022 Boys // 2022 Jr Edition // 2021 Girls // 2021 Boys // 2020 Girls & Boys // 2019 Girls // 2019 Boys // 2018 Girls // 2018 Boys // 2017 // 2016
- A brief history: The EPIC Cup was started in the spring of 2016 at Seven Hills HS in Cincinnati. 74 teams participated in the inaugural event, which was pretty much the capacity of the facility. 18 winning teams had their name etched onto the #LargestTrophyKnownToMankind. For 2017, the tournament was moved to near Miami University, at the amazing grass fields of Oxford Community Park, which hosted the largest college soccer showcase in the country until 2016. The parks district, city of Oxford, local businesses, and nearby Hueston Woods Lodge rolled out the red carpet for The EPIC Cup and its 158 teams. In 2018, the tournament split into a girls’ weekend and a boys’ weekend in order to keep up with demand and keep all games at Oxford Community Park. The event hosted 186 teams from over 60 clubs. In 2019, the tournament was the fastest growing tournament in America as it grew by 101 teams to 287, with nearly equal numbers of boys and girls teams. Despite many tournaments and league games being canceled those weekends due to weather, every team at The EPIC Cup played at least 3 games. By focusing on creating competitive divisions, the tournament was able to decrease the average margin of victory by .75 goals/game to 2.85 for 2019. In 2020, The EPIC Cup spearheaded the effort to allow soccer players to return to the field after the Coronavirus pandemic shut down the sport in March. Although the Oxford version of the tournament was ultimately canceled, it wasn’t without putting up a good fight and The EPIC Cup lived on as Cincy SC was able to play 74 intra-club games on the last weekend of June. In 2021, The EPIC Cup V was held in Oxford Community Park again with the field intentionally kept small to reduce Covid risk. In 2022, we added The EPIC Cup, Jr Edition with a 1-day format for U7 and U8 teams and had our largest field ever with 409 teams across two weekends.