Should we play Futsal or indoor soccer?
Our coaches get asked this a lot, and the answer is that we prefer Futsal over soccer-with-walls. If you’re new to Futsal, it’s played on a basketball court with a slightly smaller and less bouncy ball so it’s great for skill development. But, if you’d still rather play indoor soccer, that’s ok too.
Here are our recommendations for Futsal tournaments:
- Black Friday Stampede – futsal tourney on day after Thanksgiving (11/22/19)
- A new futsal tourney between Christmas and New Years (Mistletoe Ball? Festivus Futsal Cup?)
- MLK Freedom – futsal tourney on MLK Mon. (1/20/20)
- Presidents’ Day Rush – tourney on Presidents’ Day Mon. (2/17/20)
We also recommend the following winter training programs for skill development:
- Cincy SC Winter Indoor Training – 6 weeks, early-Jan. – mid-Feb.
- PIVO Academy – supplemental training in the winter